Cataclysm Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Children

Official Forums of the WowScape Horde Guild Cataclysm Children

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Empty
PostSubject: Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.   Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:37 am

I suppose I haven't expressed this enough for people to understand, but just to make sure everyone knows: there is absolutely, positively NO GOLD BEGGING IN THE GUILD CHAT OR ANYWHERE ELSE SO LONG AS YOU ARE IN THIS GUILD. Never, ever or under ANY circumstances will this be allowed.

NEWS FLASH: MAKING MONEY ON WOWSCAPE IS WAY TOO EASY FOR YOU TO BUG OTHER PEOPLE FOR THEIR GOLD.

It is now official guild policy that if you are caught begging for gold in our guild chat you will be warned ONE time. If you are caught doing it again or if you argue with the person who warns you then you will be booted and blacklisted (which means you are ineligible for re-application to the guild). Also, if you are caught begging in other places for gold (i.e. on the streets of Silvermoon or Orgrimmar) you will be booted instantly. If you go around begging for gold while flashing the Cataclysm Children name under yours then you're making our guild look bad. I suppose I don't need to remind you that once you become a full member (if you haven't already) that you will have access to the guild bank and up to 300 gold per day when you need it.

Also, just to clarify, asking for gold is the same thing as begging for it, so don't even try to argue this point.

Now keep in mind that this does not include whispering someone and asking them for gold as a favor. I don't mind private financial transactions between members or friends. I apologize if this policy seems harsh but it's extremely important that our members understand that the guild chat is not a medium for your financial transactions. Guild chat is not a trade channel and it is certainly not a place where you can spam "CAN SOEMON SAND ME SOEM GLD PLISS? I NEED IT FR MY MOUNT." Getting your own gold is your own responsibility and our guild is not a meal ticket for free gold. I cannot stress this enough. I don't like booting people but I will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
HarleyQuinnz

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.   Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 5:11 pm

WOW, that is some harshness right there.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
jabes
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
jabes

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.   Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:32 am

What do you guys think of selling in Guild Chat. Ive always frowned upon it and discouraged it but I figured Id see what the other officers and or GM(s) thought too
Back to top Go down
Jaezin
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Jaezin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.   Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:50 am

It's always better to offer your services to guildmates free of charge, as long as they can help with supllies or mats, but if someone offers a deal to a guildie, and the guildie thinks it is a fair price, that's fine.
There is another post here somewhere where Tank explains this beautifully. If the item/enchant is very valuable, asking for something in return is understandable, but if it is possible to provide the item/service free, it should be done as such.
Recently one of our guildies needed some leathers that I sell for 20k/stack at AH. I wasn't doing anything so I went and gathered the stack for him, free of charge. I could have sold them and made huge profit, but I didn't mind helping out, so I just did it. Not only was it easy enough to do, but it made one of my guildies happy and that's what we are all about. Now, if I had to go out of my way to help, I might have asked for some G in return (probably not), but if I did, I would not have asked for top dollar to a guildie, but instead given it to him at a great discount.
Back to top Go down
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.   Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:11 am

Well, concerning guildies selling to guildies, my main concern is preventing guild chat from turning into a trade channel. If we're not careful then sooner or later we'll have people advertising in the guild chat with macros about selling enchants/items/services and whatnot, and I'd rather leave the guild chat open for guild business, recruiting guildies for raids and (of course) dick jokes.

In other words, if we let people abuse the guild chat for their own gain, they will. So guildies selling to guildies is fine so long as they're not ripping each other off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
Jaezin
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Jaezin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.   Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Another note:

This forums has a trade post. You can go there to pander your goods anytime!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.   Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention gold beggers: You are NOT welcome here. Official guild policy regarding gold begging.
Page 1 of 1