Cataclysm Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Children

Official Forums of the WowScape Horde Guild Cataclysm Children

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yes, we all know I have issues...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyxxa
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Yes, we all know I have issues... Empty
PostSubject: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:05 pm

So heres the thing... Retail wow was offering a free ten day trial to get back on my old account. I took it, downloaded the patches... but now I can't get back on to Wowscape. =/ I reset the realmlist.wft and all but I need to like uninstall the patches or something? Anyone know how to help me?

Oh, and by the way for those who are curious... retail is waaay different from when I remember. Like since when is there a harbor in SW? And a barber? And whats with talent points? (Yes, my retail is alli... sorry!)
Back to top Go down
Kyxxa
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Haha. OK.

So I basically fucked up my entire wow folder... then deleted it. Then I got out the old CD I still have, downloaded it, and downloaded BC off the wow site like I first did when starting on this privater server... now I don't know what to do to connect. Yikes. Any help?
Back to top Go down
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 8:05 pm

Ok. First and foremost, make sure you're running 2.4.3

Then, edit realmlist.wtf to read

set realmlist logon.scapegaming.com

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Kyxxa
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Yes, there lies my problem... I don't know how to get back to 2.4.3. Everything I download gets me way past that and I don't know what I'm doing or how to get there.
Back to top Go down
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:52 pm

Ok ummmmmmm

Install the default WoW and DON'T LET IT PATCH ANYTHING!

Then go to http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

Download whatever patches are appropriate to get you to 2.4.3 (i.e. compare the default installed version to what's listed here)

After each patch is downloaded and installed, it's going to try to get the "new" patches - keep stopping it!

Then, once you're at 2.4.3, change your WoW icon to launch WoW.exe instead of Launcher.exe so it won't do that again.
Back to top Go down
Kyxxa
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:21 pm

Thanks... I'm doing that now. I might have problems stopping it from downloading more than I want though. If it does install something I don't want, is there a way to uninstall it or delete it?
Back to top Go down
yellafella
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
yellafella

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:48 am

..i tried to backpatch, its impossible!! i just destroyed it so i have to reinstall xD
so don't let it patch! haha
Back to top Go down
http://FuckmeGorgeous.bilddagboken.se
Teelux
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Teelux

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:58 am

An easy way to stop it from patching is make sure that when you start up WoW you have the launcher turned off, and you go to your WoW folder and open the game with the wow.exe file. Thats what I did and I had no problems.
Back to top Go down
Kyxxa
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 2:10 pm

Yeah... I was downloading the WoW client off the site and it updated it too far withouht me being able to do anything... so I finally got out the old CD thing and got that working but the patches arent working well for me... I'm downloading them but they arent working. And they even are the right format and have the icon and all they just wont do anything.
Back to top Go down
Kyxxa
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:56 pm

I got all the patches loaded except for 2.4.3. Everyone I download doesn't open. =/ Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Kyxxa
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:22 pm

Haha. Sorry for all the posts... so I got all the patches and it all works... but it says I need Burning Crusades installed. Can anyone tell me where I can get this? The first time I downloaded it, it was off the WoW site but I can't find it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kyxxa
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:07 am

Ok, just ignore all my random posts... I got it to work finally. Thanks for the help guys! =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yes, we all know I have issues...   Yes, we all know I have issues... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes, we all know I have issues...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cataclysm Children :: WoW Related Stuff-
Jump to: