Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Applicant advocacy and mentoring   Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:06 am

Thank you for taking the time to consider our guild. I'm assuming that you don't already have an established relationship with an existing CC member; rather, you saw our forum linked somewhere or saw us in game and googled us and somehow clicked past the 9803 results for the demon burger song by the same name...

Alternatively, maybe you recently joined our guild and noticed that there's all these people who know eachother and it's like this big secret clubhouse that you want in to.

It is our hope to be a friendly guild; however, being a friendly guild takes more than just saying you want to be friendly; you have to actually be friendly! That is why I am offering mentoring and advocacy for current/potential recruits.

Step One: Please take a look at my "About Me" page here. Contact me through the available means and let me know a little about yourself. Don't just reply to this thread or send me a PM; send me an email so you get my attention. Send me a link to your application, if you have filled one out. Then...

Step Two: Post on our "Introductions" forum (Applicants: be sure to prefix your subject with "Applicant Info").

Step Three: Let's compare schedules! In general, I can only play on Tuesday/Thursday evenings (after 7PM CST), Friday evenings, Saturday afternoons, and Sunday afternoons and evenings. However, I probably won't be on every day that I can. But let's pick a time to get on, and meet someplace... we could raid something, go gank lowbies, explore Silvermoon, go level up, trade on the auction house, etc.... we'll do whatever you consider to be a "normal day" in Warcraft.

Step Four: Once I feel like I'm talking to a real person (i.e. not a ninja, guild bank thief, gold/item/enhancement beggar, or otherwise pain in the ass), I'll do one of two things:
For applicants: I'll discuss your potential with the guild master and GM assistants, and try to get you in the guild
For new recruits: Since we've already gotten to know eachother, I'll be able to introduce you to other guild members and hopefully get you more tuned to the inner workings of the guild.

Remember, the point is to make friends and have fun! I'd love it if other guild members could help with this. Also, if you are a guild member and think that we have gotten too clique-ish, speak up! Bring it up in the guild chat, here on the forums, or send me a private message (if you want to stay anonymous, just let me know!). Individual douchebags will not be tolerated, so on the same token, collective douchebaggery should not be tolerated either!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Applicant advocacy and mentoring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cataclysm Children :: Guild Applicant Info-
Jump to: