Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jaezin
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Making the Big Bucks   Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:55 am

There are a number of ways to acquire all the items you need, but having tons of gold sure makes it easier.
If you have any tips on the areas/drops to farm for fast cash, post them here.

Reminder:
What works for you might not work for someone else, and vice-versa. Don't get pissy because someone else's idea got you ganked or otherwise killed. For example, I farm Knothide Leather (skinning) and sell at AH for 20-40k per stack, depending on the market. That's great cash, but the only way it goes fast (that I have found) is in the far west of Blade's Edge Mountains with my rogue. If I didn't have donor weapons, I would likely have my ass kicked, so many people can't really go there just any ol' time.

There will be no flaming tolerated on these forums for any reason. We are here to try to provide a guild you can actually have fun in, and enjoy the game we are all so addicted to, so don't ruin it...or you WILL disappear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Jaezin wrote:

There will be no flaming tolerated on these forums for any reason. We are here to try to provide a guild you can actually have fun in, and enjoy the game we are all so addicted to, so don't ruin it...or you WILL disappear.

Couldn't have said it any better. Well done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:26 pm

Knothide is cool, but beware: ScapeGaming recently added vendors that hang out in Undercity and somewhere in Silvermoon, and I think you can buy two units (not two stacks) of heavy knothide leather (the big money maker) from them per day. Same with the lower cloths, i.e. linen, wool, silk and mageweave. The ScapeGaming forums will contain more info on this.

Imbued Netherweave has always been a big money maker for my tailor.

The jist of the idea is to play the auction house just like the stock market. Buy something while it's cheap, and either hold it or turn it in to something valuable. Once you get some capital built up, you can start to corner markets for brief periods of time. Tankwarning once said (and to this day this is still one of my favorite quotes): "My price shall be the only price." (I guess you have to say it in a sort of slow, ominous voice).

Netherweave cloth is known to fluctuate rapidly; one day you can buy stacks upon stacks for 200 gold, and the next day the minimum price has shot up to 2000.

Three things to remember:
1. DO NOT SET THE MINIMUM BID PRICE TO THE SAME AS THE BUYOUT PRICE! Due to a bug, nobody can buy it, period. I have lobbied time and time again to permaban people who do this, since it's so frustrating. Set your buyout price at least one copper higher than the minimum bid price.
2. Make sure you're looking at stack counts. 200 gold for a 20 stack of Netherweave is great; 200 gold for a 2 stack is a scam. Likewise, for high-dollar items, you may want to consider breaking full stacks down in to stacks of 5 or 10 and selling those; at that point, a lot of people can't afford a whole 20-stack of heavy knothide leather.
3. Sometimes, gold farming is worth it. I got ~1200 from killing Supremeus, and I was on a raid with like 15 other people.

Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Ok I have confirmed that the traveling vendors give items on a limited basis, i.e. ONCE per character. Ever. So I do not think this will effectively ruin our moneymaking schemes, but it should make it easier to finish leveling certain professions.

Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Dudes, I got WoW rich from buying and reselling netherweave cloth. I've got more gold than I know what to do with. Maybe I'll get Tankwarning some 20"spinners for his shoulderpads. That'd be awesome.

Tankwarning - Lvl 70 Tauren Protection Warrior
Ethyne - Lvl 70 Blood Elf Holy Paladin
Kalinea - Lvl 70 Blood Elf Combat Rogue
Eethyne - Lvl 70 Orc Beast Master Hunter
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
Teelux
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:31 pm

bling bling!

Noob Cake MMM
Noob Cake MMM

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Ahhrrgggg....

WTB inflation. Primal Might prices goin down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:23 am

Thanks for the tip!

Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:25 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was my biggest item. DAMN IT!!!!!!!

Alts:

Ashkah<->Troll<->Holy Priest<->6/8
Nomonmycooki<->Troll<->Elemental Sham<->6/8
Kittychan<->Undead<->Fury/Pro Warrior<->6/8
Empusa<->BE<->Retri<->Paladin<->2/8
Harleyquinnz<->BE<->Marks<->Hunter<->7/8
LilRedridin<->BE<->Fire<->Mage<->2/8
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
bakstabftw
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:37 pm

What i have done in my wowscape life of making money is to farm Schmatic: Goblin Jumper Cables. Drops from a gnome ( forgot his name sorry check wowwiki ) in Blackrock Depths. Sells for about 30k a piece. GOod luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CiozZ
Noob Cake MMM
Noob Cake MMM

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:37 am

Another great way of making big bucks is tailoring, plus you can max ur skill in a few hours (there's a vendor in UC which sells linen, wool, and other two kind of clothes which I'm missing right now).

After that u can sell bags (like about 5k gold / netherweave bag - 16 slots) and ppl really need them. Also u can make Imbued Netherweave Bags (18 slots) they are a little bit harder to create, but it's okay ... or create those spellthreads for legs (Golden and Silver Spellthread) which are really cool for healers (44 healing or 66 healing + stamina if I remember right). The silver one it' about 25k at AH and golden 35k, depending on the market.

For ex. if u find the golden one at AH with 10k, buy them all, u will surely resell them for much more to a guy in outland Razz

If u like the brute farmin way, u can also kill elites in the dead scar near blasted lands, u can take there up to 40g/elite.

After all, it's really easy to get gold on this server.
Just in case u'll be a smaller Donal Trump, remember u can't have more than 214k gold/char (a....someone slap me for this, I've just lost 200k last night because of this, and I've edited the post just to make sure everybody knows how fckn stupid I was when I pressed trade to sell a crap....and I was damn surprised to see 0g 0s 0c in my bag <3)
Take care Smile

&

Cheers to all santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making the Big Bucks   

Back to top Go down

Making the Big Bucks
Page 1 of 1