Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Guild Recruitment Guide   Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 am

We have selected some of your to bear the title of Recruitment Officer. As the guild has grown tremendously since we first put it together it's become difficult for the GM Right Hands to handle guild affairs like policing guild chat, running raids on schedule, moderating the forums and answering questions about the game itself as well as recruiting new members. Therefore we've decided that we will take a handful of trustworthy guildies and make them into Recruitment Officers.

But Tank, WTF is a Recruitment Officer?

Basically you're still a C.C. Member but you have the added ability to recruit new members into the guild.

Ok, but who do I invite into the guild?

You can invite Horde players who are level 55 and over. That rule is not necessarily set in stone, as if a player appears to be very good at the game we will sometimes invite them even if they're only level 52 or 53. Also, if a level 70 player in the guild wants to get his alt into the guild then you can invite the alt regardless of it's level. It's also very important that you DO NOT recruit people who do not speak FLUENT English.

But inviting random people sounds risky. How can I avoid inviting a ninja or a noob?

The good news is that ninjas and noobs usually make their ways easily observable. For example, if you see a warrior with [Antonidas's Aegis of Rapt Concentration] that means that particular warrior probably ninja'd it because he didn't know that that shield is not appropriate for his class and is likely to do it again. The same goes with other classes too of course. If you see a paladin in level 60 warrior gear do not invite. A mage in warlock gear ect. ect.

Ok I got all that but how do I actually add new members?

Go to the guild tab in the social window. There's a button near the bottom that says 'Add Member'. Click it and then look down in your chat and you can SHIFT+click the person's name so you don't have to type it and voila! New guildie. Also, when you add a new member put the date of when you invited them into the officer information section. If it is someone's alt you do not have to put a date you can just type "_____'s alt." We keep records of how long each person has been in the guild. This is very VERY important. Please do not forget this crucial step.

Ok back up a second. How do I ask people if they wanna join?

Well, this can be done several different ways. The most common way which you're all probably familiar with is the shout-out. This is where you just type /yell and then 'Cataclysm Children is now recruiting! blah blah blah we're awesome. blah blah blah here's why. blah blah blah /w me for invite!' You're more than welcome to do this, it's easy and grabs people's attention. Personally though I prefer to /w people who I notice are not with guilds with the message 'hi i noticed you're not with a guild. might you be interested in joining the english speaking raiding guild cataclysm children?' I've gotten much better results with that, players appreciate the personal touch and it's much less disruptive to their chat window than a giant red advertising paragraph. Of course you can use whatever works best for you. Just DO NOT invite people into the guild before you talk to them, as this tends to piss players off and is considered just as rude as opening a trade window without asking first.

Ok I asked this guy to join and he's already asking me to help him do/give him a bunch of stuff. What do I do?

Unfortunately some people view guilds as a way to get free stuff. They'll join and start asking other players to go out of their way to help them or ask for gold (which is tantamount to being kicked from the guild) or basically try to get as much as they can as quick as they can without actually contributing to the guild. If you ask someone in the guild to join and they ask something like 'do you have some delicate crimson spinel in your guild bank?' or 'what's in it for me?' it's best to nip this in the bud quickly and not invite this person. We only want people in the guild who understand the concept of contributing to the guild in order to get what you want out of the guild. If you've already invited them and then they start doing that then just alert one of the GM Right Hands and we'll take it from there.

Ok well I hope that answers all your questions. If you have any more then be sure to let Harley, Boat or myself know and we'll help you out!

Tankwarning - Lvl 70 Tauren Protection Warrior
Ethyne - Lvl 70 Blood Elf Holy Paladin
Kalinea - Lvl 70 Blood Elf Combat Rogue
Eethyne - Lvl 70 Orc Beast Master Hunter

Last edited by Tankwarning on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-18