Cataclysm Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Children

Official Forums of the WowScape Horde Guild Cataclysm Children

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to backpatch if you patch to far

Go down 
+2
HarleyQuinnz
bakstabftw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bakstabftw
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
bakstabftw

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-24

How to backpatch if you patch to far Empty
PostSubject: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:24 am

Hello Bakstab here, if any of you accidently patch to high and do not know how to backpatch and dont wanna go through the hours and hours of reinstalling, look no further. To backpatch simply... (1) Open up your wow folder by opening up documents then type in C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft. (2) Look around in the folder and click on the data folder and delete patch.mpq then back outta that and scroll around until you see repair (its the thing that looks like a wrench). (3) Click Reset and Check Files and it will say world of warcraft is badly damaged and has to go back to a later patch and it will start repairing and will go back to like patch 2.00. (4) When repair is finished, just patch up to current patch Wowscape is using (patch 2.43 right now) and then when its finished, just click the X before it downloads the next patch and run the game as run as. (Some people can not run the game as run as so if your one of em, go to your wow foloer again and click on the one that says WoW and it will automaticly open the game). I hope this helps people in the future. Talk to you guys later and keep raiding and ganking.

Last edited by bakstabftw on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add something else)
Back to top Go down
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
HarleyQuinnz

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Huh, I always thought there was no such thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
bakstabftw
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
bakstabftw

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:00 pm

yeah it works. I used to have to always do it especially if i went to another server that had a lower patch although i dont do that anymore. But yep thats how you do it
Back to top Go down
Vedil
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
Vedil

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:51 am

I "accidentally" patched to 3.0.2 I tried this same solution but It only down patched to 3.0.0
So I had to reinstall Sad
Back to top Go down
yellafella
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
yellafella

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:06 am

It doesn't work with the newest patch. When you repair it will get to 3.x, not 2.x... I tried it, had to reinstall.
Back to top Go down
http://FuckmeGorgeous.bilddagboken.se
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Curiously enough, at least on Wine, it is possible to copy/paste the World of Warcraft folder and maintain two working copies at different versions. Here's what I did:

I took my existing copy (2.4.3) and copied it to "World of Warcraft (Old)" in my Program Files folder (on linux under wine, this will be in /home/[username]/.wine/drive_c/Program Files). I then updated my links on my panel and desktop appropriately, calling them "WoWScape"

Then I updated using some patch files I had downloaded. Those upgraded the copy in "World of Warcraft." Blammo, the "World of Warcraft" launcher icons launch 3.0.3, and the "WoWScape" icons launch 2.4.3.
Back to top Go down
bakstabftw
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
bakstabftw

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:19 am

i dont know whats wrong with you guys i did it yesterday and its fine. I think there is a certain way for vista if u guys have vista. i posted this for xp
Back to top Go down
yellafella
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
yellafella

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 pm

i got xp and it didn't work for me
Back to top Go down
Teelux
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Teelux

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:48 pm

I say its a lot faster if you just reinstall because by the time you figure out how to back patch and everything you could of already reinstalled the game long ago Smile
Back to top Go down
yellafella
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
yellafella

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:54 am

thats true! :'D
Back to top Go down
bakstabftw
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
bakstabftw

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:39 am

i just found out if you patch to 3.00 or higher u have to reinstall now. U used to be able to backpatch from 3.00. whatever thats gay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to backpatch if you patch to far   How to backpatch if you patch to far Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to backpatch if you patch to far
Page 1 of 1