Cataclysm Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Children

Official Forums of the WowScape Horde Guild Cataclysm Children

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items Empty
PostSubject: Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items   Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:20 am

Disclaimer: This is not official guild policy until Harleyquinnz (your guild master) says something to that effect. It is however sage advice regarding something that is a constant source of drama in other guilds.

As a general rule of thumb: Do not charge guild members for items or enhancements; conversely, do not ask for items/enhancements that will only be resold or given to a non-guild character.

That being said...

In some cases, some items and enhancements require materials that are way too hard to procure (i.e. anything requiring Primal Might). In that case, the provider may wish to be compensated for the cost of materials, either for purchase from the auction house or other retailer, or a time-based rate for farming. In any case, it is wise for the person requesting the item/buff and the person providing the item/buff to discuss how much this will cost before the transaction takes place and ideally provide a "final cost" figure, i.e.:

$ for purchase of items + ($ rate/time x reasonable estimate of time required for farming) + ($ for labor (if applicable)) = final cost of goods/services

When computing costs, DO NOT CHARGE FOR "OPPORTUNITY COST" or anything that follows the reasoning of "well, I could make MORE money if I sell this." Guild members are not to be profited from; simply refuse the transaction and sell the item/buff on the market of your choice.

That being said, I would advise the guild master and other guild administrators to "stay out of it" if and only if:
  • A approaches B for item/buff and A offers to pay, OR
  • B first offers goods/services on the open market and A contacts B and requests a discount

Addendum: Nobody will require you to make items or enhancements; however, if the person asking is ready and willing to provide materials (i.e. the only cost is time), please please please be generous with your time.

Thank you all for all your contributions!
Back to top Go down
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items   Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:07 pm

I agree. Charging guildies for anything is stupid. There are plenty of n00bs and the AH to make money from so there's no point in trying to get "WoW rich" off your fellow guild members.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
Teelux
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Teelux

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items   Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Tankwarning wrote:
I agree. Charging guildies for anything is stupid. There are plenty of n00bs and the AH to make money from so there's no point in trying to get "WoW rich" off your fellow guild members.

Right you are tank.
Back to top Go down
paulvin92
Noob Cake MMM
Noob Cake MMM
paulvin92

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items   Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:41 am

hurray! i dont mind helping people weave moonweave bags if the mats are there. haha.
i just have to get to that level of tailoring first (im still stuck at 300) lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items   Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharing is Caring! Advice on professions and items
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cataclysm Children :: Information-
Jump to: