Cataclysm Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Children

Official Forums of the WowScape Horde Guild Cataclysm Children

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indefinate hiatus

Go down 
+2
HarleyQuinnz
Tankwarning
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:49 pm

As most of you have probably noticed I haven't been online in any real capacity for some time now. I've really meant to make some time to be online at least to say hi but to be perfectly honest I really just don't feel the urge to play anymore. Due to an increasing number of responsibilities and hardships at home (i.e. money and bills) and my ever increasing frustration with WoWScape's administration and moderating (mostly the lack thereof) I've decided to take a break. Lilred (Harley) has taken over as Guild Master for now and she'll do her best to keep things running smoothly while I try to maintain focus on resolving some of my personal issues. I won't stay gone for too long but I can't keep investing the sheer amount of time into WoW that I have been. I'll try to stay active on the forums and feel free to ask any questions of me here and I'll respond when I find the time. See you around guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
HarleyQuinnz

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:54 pm

Yeah and I'll use his account to get raids going. BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:39 am

I am also done with WoW for now. My experience with WoW is largely the result of an experiment, namely "what games play well in Linux under Wine?" (http://www.winehq.com for more info). It got engrossing for awhile, but I'm effectively "burned out" for now. Things that lead to this:
  • WoWScape staff incompetence
  • Blizzard's sue-happiness in regards to other servers (Business tip: it is better if people like your product but do not buy it through primary channels (i.e. play on private servers) than for people to actively dislike your product (which is now the case, and I will no longer be instructing friends to "play WoW"))
  • The shrinking english-speaking population on WoWScape - the social aspect of the game becomes a liability when 3/4ths of the players respond to any comment or query with something like "IM RUSSIA" or "gld pliss"
  • Uninteresting raids - I think everyone is to blame here - unscripted raids get repetitive, low guild member turnout (300+ members and the most we ever got to raid at any one time was like 15), raids that mix raiding with grinding (Brutalis?), people getting bored and making dumb mistakes that leads to raid wipes (I am guilty too)
  • WoWScape's counter-productive attitude towards cheaters/hackers - i.e. completely disabling pets because some people exploited a pet HP bug, but doing nothing to curb the source of the hackers (i.e. ban Russian IP ranges), the whole "no keyclone, bots, or autoclickers" thing which greatly helps with the whole grinding problem stated above
  • Donors. I've already said before that I don't care what people do with their money, but WoWScape is a sort of failure of the free market, in that so many people would be willing to shell out so much money for overpowered gear on a shitty private server. I could spend $300 for a pretty much self-sufficient character, but I'd still have every other problem I've listed here. Alternatively, I could go spend $30 (a 90% comparative drop in price) for the Orange Box, and be far more entertained, on my own terms.
  • The concept of WoW. The entire god damn WORLD of Warcraft. It's a game that, by design, demands a lot of time and attention.

On that note, I'll probably be giving away my account... I'll make a decision soon. I dare say whoever claims it will be lucky, as it contains my infamous priest, a pretty well-geared druid, and some other characters that may be of interest. I'll probably be keeping my separate account for my Paladin, but then again, maybe not. If I do decide to come back, I can say for sure that I'll be exploiting the fuck out of WoWScape's shitty server. Grinding? Fuck that, I'll use a bot. Gonna get ganked? Fuck you donorfag, I'll speedhack out of there. Boring, repetitive action? Autoclicks ahoy! And if I get banned for any of it, I'll come back with KeyClone to double the shenanigans.

Thanks for everyone being so cool, that's the only thing I'll miss about this shitty game.
Back to top Go down
CiozZ
Noob Cake MMM
Noob Cake MMM
CiozZ

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:49 am

Nooooooo don't leave. You just got fed up for the moment with WoW :-s

Hope u'll reconsider your decision Very Happy
You guys created a nice guild, keep it like that ^^
Back to top Go down
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:36 pm

Well, Boat says he's done for now but I wouldn't take that too seriously. I aim to come back sooner or later but for all the reasons listed above (inclusing most of Boat's reasons) I have to step back and re-evaluate my priorities. Running a guild is hard work and unlike some guild masters I simply just do not have the spare time necessary to dedicate to it anymore and even if I did I still don't wanna play. So yeah I'm a little burned out but I'm proud that I accomplished my goal of building a successful guild. I think the guild will pretty much run itself from now on anyway so I'm not in any rush to come running back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
Garnyth
Noob Cake MMM
Noob Cake MMM
Garnyth

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:16 am

I'll only play if there ppl I know who are on either that or when the new expansion comes out.
Back to top Go down
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
HarleyQuinnz

Number of posts : 131

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:22 am

Psh you guys suck. I'll still play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
bakstabftw
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
bakstabftw

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:11 pm

and trust me guys i know tank good he will be back sooner or later especially for lich king cause i have to say a lot about it since i also play on my cousins rogue thats an 80 and my friend is a warrior that i pvp with with titans grip which you are able to equip 2 2h weapons which is beast. that would be good for tank when lich king comes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indefinate hiatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indefinate hiatus   Indefinate hiatus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indefinate hiatus
Page 1 of 1