Cataclysm Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Children

Official Forums of the WowScape Horde Guild Cataclysm Children

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Empty
PostSubject: Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:45 am

Disclaimer: This is not official guild policy until HarleyQuinnz (your guild master) says something to that effect. It is however sage advice regarding something that is a constant source of drama in other guilds.

As a general rule of thumb, Donors [persons who have donated money to Scape Gaming in exchange for enhanced gear] are welcome to join our guild, however, donors will not receive special attention, protection, reverence or in any other way be "catered to."

Case in point: some donors have a tendency to join a raid and immediately "take charge" by declaring themselves the tank/healer/main DPS/whatever. On official guild raids, main roles will be discussed beforehand and established throughout the raid. Should you, the donor, join a Cataclysm Children raid, you will be expected to play the same role as non-donor characters. I.E. If you are a donor rogue who can tank, unless you volunteer and are selected beforehand to tank, you will be expected to play DPS. If you happen to pull aggro as a result of your enhanced gear, follow normal de-aggroing procedures and do not expect to get the same heals/buffs that the tank would get.

Your exceptional DPS/healing/etc is appreciated greatly, but not required.

Also bear in mind that some people view in poor taste donors who roll on items/tokens for gear of lesser quality than the donor gear they already possess. I do not believe that the guild master or guild admins consider this to be ninja'ing, but (1) ask them and (2) expect to hear a lot of bitching.
Personally, I feel donors have the same right to roll on items and equipment appropriate for their class/spec as any other character.

RE "Donor Bashing"

For non-donors who hate donors:
  • Yes, they paid money in exchange for an item. Yes, I believe that constitutes more of a "sale" than a "donation." Please do not nitpick over terminology, as ScapeGaming can get in a lot of trouble for "selling" items.
  • Yes, the donor gear is overpowered. That's why they bought it.
  • Yes, I can't believe they spent $X on something that doesn't exist in real life. This is a free country, hopefully they enjoy it. Good for them.
  • Yes, some donors act like total dicks. Keyword: some. People who are dicks will be removed from the guild. Most donors act like perfectly normal people because they are perfectly normal people.

For donors tired of non-donors QQ'ing:
  • Yeah, I can't believe he's STILL bitching about you killing him. However, getting ganked by a donor is just as frustrating as the bug where you trip over a blade of grass and die, except it's like this time the blade of grass intentionally hunted you down.
  • Yeah, they are jealous of your equipment. No, they won't admit it, so don't even try to argue this point.
  • Yeah, donor-bashing is against the ScapeGaming rules. It's still going to happen, so don't take it personally. [Ed. Note: this forum is not associated with ScapeGaming but I think we will generally honor the "don't bash anyone" rule]
  • Yeah, you had the money for it and you got a lot of enjoyment out of better equipment. Some people don't understand that it's a free market. People complaining about what you spent your money on are the same people that expect the gub'ment to send them a check so they can buy donor gear. Ignore these people.

Thank you to everyone who joins our guild and participates in it. From the level 1 "oh god how did I get in here I'm not good with computers" players to the level 70 beastly supremes, you are all greatly appreciated!

Edit 9-30-08: Minor pronoun revision based on forum naming conventions.

Last edited by boatlights-chan on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
HarleyQuinnz

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Stickied!   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:58 pm

I agree!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:01 pm

A-fucking-men! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
Teelux
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Teelux

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking of maybe donating if I can get a prepaid credit card at some point, just a weapon though.
Back to top Go down
Jaezin
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Jaezin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:44 am

Well guys and gal...I did it, I went insane.

As you all know, I have donor weps on my rogue.
Well...now my cow has some donor shiz, too...the full Spectrum tanking set. Smile

Christ Imaginary, have I fucking lost my mind...
Back to top Go down
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:07 am

Lol. I am now a donor. Kneel before me peasants! KNEEL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
Teelux
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Teelux

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 1:39 pm

-kneels-
Back to top Go down
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
HarleyQuinnz

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Tankwarning wrote:
Lol. I am now a donor. Kneel before me peasants! KNEEL!

cheers On YOUR KNEES BIATCH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor   Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attn Donors: Caveat Emptor
Page 1 of 1