Cataclysm Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Children

Official Forums of the WowScape Horde Guild Cataclysm Children

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What made you wanna play wOw

Go down 
+4
Tankwarning
yellafella
Boatlightz
Vedil
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vedil
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
Vedil

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-30

What made you wanna play wOw Empty
PostSubject: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:01 pm

I don't know if this has been posted before but anyway What made you first want to play wow for me it was when I first a lev 70 rogue full t6 and glaives using shadowstep on someone and completely owning them in a duel I was stunned Shocked this was a while back when I tried wow on the retail trial verson as a level 1 night elf.
Back to top Go down
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:17 pm

I used to be completely turned off by WoW. Mainly by the stereotype of the players... then again, I become everything I hate :-) (re. anime, etc). Then when my friend Johnny told me I could play for free on private servers, I thought I'd give it a shot. I was instantly hooked. However I started to get -really- interested when I discovered the auction house, and the possibilities there. Oh yeah and raiding is fun, and the fact that my friends play helps too.

Only thing I don't like is PvP. For some reason, when I'm facing a real live human, I go in to button mash mode and freak out.
Back to top Go down
yellafella
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
yellafella

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:23 am

At first i kinda hated wow, 'cause everyone who played couldn't do anything but play, all day and all night. Then i watched my boyfriend play and i saw the wow world and thought maybe i should try it out. And i loved it Smile haha
Back to top Go down
http://FuckmeGorgeous.bilddagboken.se
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Boatlightz actially got me started pretty much at the same time he did. We started playing on a private server called Toxic WoW, where both Boat and I had warrior alliance toons. Like Boat, I was hooked instantly. I've always enjoyed RPGs but WoW was just so massive and there was so much stuff to do and so many different ways to play that it just blew me away.

However after it became apparent that Toxic WoW was full of fail and AIDS I decided to search for another server to play on. At the time, Toxic WoW was blaming the fact that their servers disconnected you every 10 minutes on a flimsy accusation that Wowscape was DDOS'ing their servers. I decided to give Wowscape a shot because it was apparently Toxic's biggest competitor. After I made the switch to Wowscape I made my Ethyne toon and haven't looked back execpt once about 2 months ago when I logged on as my old toon on Toxic just to see if thier connection problems were still as bad as they were before. I was disconnected after less than 5 minutes of play. Haven't been back since.

In fact, Boat, Harley and myself have never played retail. As much as I like WoW I would never pay a monthly fee to play it. Boat and Harley agree with me. I was turned off to retail because a great deal of people who play on retail are no-life faggots who take the game too seriously. The idea of playing on a private server appealed to me greatly because I didn't have to pay to play the game and the players are generally a lot more laid back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
HarleyQuinnz
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
HarleyQuinnz

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:17 am

Well I really don't have to tell you, Tank did it for me.

I could never have the patience for retail WOW
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/spawnosatan
Vedil
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
Vedil

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:41 am

Hey I agree with tank on the fact that people take the game too seriously people act like it's a life or death situation when it's only a game I get a good laugh out of those types. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jabes
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
jabes

Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:05 pm

ah retail wow, good times. I do have to say, don't diss it till you've tried it. Sure the grind from 1-70 is intense, but its not like you are leveling for the sake of leveling. The quests are laid out in such a way that they kind of suck you in and lead you to where you need to go next. I remember one time where I was just going to play for half an hour, and I got caught up doing quest after quest and before I knew it I had played for 3 hours. Once you beat the grind and hit 70, go run shadowlabs. Trust me, if you don't know what you are doing you will get your ass kicked your first time, and I like the challenge that that presents. You try beating a boss that randomly mind controls your entire party and has everyone blast each other, or a boss where you have to tank him around the room to avoid spawning void walkers that will explode when they touch the boss damaging you and healing him Very Happy. That is retail Wow my friends, and it can be very intense and awesome. There is a price tag, sure, but It was worth playing for me and I'd probably still play it if I had the time/money to do so.
Back to top Go down
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Well I know that Wowscape is criticized for being "dumbed down" but I honestly find that to be a large part of it's appeal. I'm not interested in playing some of the more difficult bosses or instances. That shit's just too in depth for a game as far as I'm concerned. That's just WAY too time consuming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
jabes
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
jabes

Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Yeah it definately can be. A great example is Naxx from Pre BC. I never made it there but I heard that you needed 4-5 different SETS of fully enchanted gear to make it through there. By sets I of course mean epic, and the rate of epic drops in Retail is far far far lower than it is in scape. However, I wouldnt mind once in a while if the bosses did more than just attack you. Or maybe have a "heroic" mode for raids where they actually are scripted so you can get your good gear and then try to take down the "real" bosses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:55 pm

I was on the WoWScape forums, somebody made a pretty good Lua script for Mu'ru's attacks. However, everyone immediately flamed him like "WOWSCAPE DOESN'T USE LUA SCRIPTS NOOB GTFO OH BTW BURLEX SAID YOU SUCK" and the like.

Come to think of it, I'd really like it if they'd re-open the source for the server emulator.
Back to top Go down
Jaezin
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Jaezin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:39 am

Ahhhh...the pain of old age.

I started WoW when I was a beta tester for it.

It was, like...five years ago, and horrible, lmao. Then I was invited to the closed beta, and after a 238947689 hour download of updates, i was in LUST. I got to play quite a while for free when WoW went 'gold' and then paid for a while. When the Pservers started opening up I found a good one and joined it.

I have been in a few Pservers since, even a GM on one, and I still love the game.

It's a great addiction, but it never had me so bad I would call in sick to work or anything.
(did that with Ragnarok Online, tho...total LOSER!!)
I left Wow for RO, then left PC gaming completely, until Tanya and Cory (Kittychan and Tank) made me try this server.
Obviously the result is clear!

As long as it keeps getting better, and I have great people to hang out or chat with, I will never completely go away.
Back to top Go down
Pamdora
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
Pamdora

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Well i most say mine was really dumb and funny at the same time.

I'm a RPG lover, since Zelda II i've been playing INTERESTING RPGS not all of them though, but i'm also a Southpark fan and i saw this chap called, do love not the world of warcraft and i laugh so much and then i started playing it in blizzard for a while but the game was DAMN slow to lvl up and the gold was really hard to get so i was like FUCK THIS. them a friend of mine just told me that hey but they're some private servers and i don't even remember what was the first one i got hooked up but it was lame as hell and like very little users and you know for some reason i bugged the server and jump from one server to the other.

Then we did some stupid stuff on WOWscape with a few bugs they had a while a go and i got banned.

and here we're again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What made you wanna play wOw   What made you wanna play wOw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What made you wanna play wOw
Page 1 of 1