Cataclysm Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Children

Official Forums of the WowScape Horde Guild Cataclysm Children

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules for Looting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jabes
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
jabes

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Rules for Looting Empty
PostSubject: Rules for Looting   Rules for Looting Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:05 am

Honestly I said rules in the topic so that people will check this out. A replacement that would be more suitable would be something like "Strong suggestions when looting" or "How to be a courteous Looter." I feel that this post is necessary because we use Need before Greed when looting in guild raids and that depends on peoples knowledge rather than something like master loot which I hear is bugged, so look at this post as friendly advice.

That being said, here is the rundown on looting. Normally, it is perfectly ok for you to need roll on something that is an upgrade for you, but first what defines an upgrade? This is a very difficult question for you, because different classes can potentially use a variety of equipment. Hell Paladins can use 3 sets of gear that can be pretty different(tanking, dps, pvp dps, healing, pvp healing, etc) I will be honest and say that I do not know the intricacy of every class, but that's why you all can make suggestions to help improve my guide.

I will have here a basic guideline of when to need roll and when to greed roll in general and semi class specifically. This is a NON DONOR guide for looting. Firstly, unless you give everyone a head's up and there are no objections, you should only need roll on things that suit your class and your spec (dps heal, tanking) because that will directly help the raid. Here is my number 1 rule/suggestion: If you do not know if an item is suitable for your class/spec, ask before hand or greed roll on it. There is nothing wrong with greed rolling on something that you dont really need at the time but could use in the future because those that need it will have first dibs.

So when should people need on an item? Good question! Here is a basic rundown of class rules with some blanket statements that are rarely wrong. For all classes, you should only NEED on armor that fits your armor type(plate mail leather or clotj) not one of the lower sets because its NOT for you.
Warrior: If you are a warrior, you can tank and you can do fury dps. Things you should need roll on. Plate, single handed defensive weapons, single handed dps weapons, shields, other things that help melee dps and tanking.
Things I should not see any warrior ever roll on: ANYTHING WITH INTELLECT! and I mean it. If it is a plate or shield item, and it is an upgrade, and it has intellect, pass it or greed roll it. It is probably a dps or healing shammy/pally shield. I say pass or greed because there are better non intellect shields out there for you, see the one from sunwell or BT.

Paladins: You might think that you need to roll against warriors all the time for their non intellect high defense plate gear, but you dont. Paladins, you should roll on plate with intellect (trust me its all yours, no other class can use it). You could get away with rolling on high defense high stamina rings/trinkets/necklaces, but leave the non intellect plate gear for warriors. What you need for tanking. You need high spell damage high intellect and high stamina with enough defense to get by. You could wear all the warrior non intellect plate tanking gear and see what happens. Sure you will never die, but you will NOT hold enough aggro to stop say illidan from bum rushing the nearest donor mage (see me Very Happy )

Next would be the section for mail, but I honestly do not know enough about hunters or shamans to distinguish the gear from each other. All I will say, is that if a bow drops and there is a hunter in the group, GREED ROLL on it because hunters live and die by there ranged weapons. Even though you might be able to use the bow, the hunters can use it more so you should GREED roll on it.

Rogues: You are DPS, nothing else. You should not need on dodge gear over a warrior, in the PVE field you should not be taking a hit at all and you should be doing as much melee damage as possible. You should need on whatever non intellect melee damage increase gear there is WITH ONE EXCEPTION. Rogues, you do your damage with AGILITY so you want to need on +agility gear.

Druids: You are a hybrid class with many different builds. First and foremost, alot of feral melee dps druids roll on Rogue leather gear. Rogue leather gear is the +agility gear. Let me assure you, your gear is better and that is because STRENGTH adds to your dps in a similar way that AGILITY adds to rogue dps, so you want to need on your +strength and intellect leather gear, not the rogues + agility leather gear. You can also be a dps caster or a healer, so that gear is fair game to you IF and only IF that is the build you are trying to complete. Otherwise please greed roll on the gear.

There are 3 clothy classes but I will just split them up into 2: the Dps caster and the healer caster:

Dps caster: The only armor you should roll on is the armor that has equal +dps and +healing. If the armor or item has more +healing than + spell damage, it is for the healer. This applies for armor, trinkets, necklace, trinkets, etc. You want + spell damage + spell critical, + intellect. If it has + stamina cool, but need it for the other boosts because you are squishy and will die quickly anyway.

Healer Caster: Conversely, you should only need on gear that has more + healing then + spell damage, because that gear is made more for you then the equal +healing and + spelldamage which is for the dps caster.

This is just a very general outline of when you should need and hopefully you will realize that just because its an upgrade you shouldnt always need on it. Always ask the group if the item is something you should need on if you are not sure, we are always willing to help you out and we wont intentionally lead you astray. There are many items that you will find useful, but if it will help another class a lot more than you, ask first before you need, or greed roll out of courtesy's sake. Please post any additions or revisions that you think I should add, I am always open to suggestions.

Last edited by Tankwarning on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made a Hot Topic - Tank)
Back to top Go down
Tankwarning
Uber Poster
Uber Poster
Tankwarning

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Rules for Looting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Looting   Rules for Looting Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Great job Jabes. I'm sure this will prove helpful for people who aren't always sure about what to need/greed roll on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cataclysmic_wretch
yellafella
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
yellafella

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Rules for Looting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Looting   Rules for Looting Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:53 am

yeah, thats great :]
Back to top Go down
http://FuckmeGorgeous.bilddagboken.se
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Rules for Looting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Looting   Rules for Looting Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:01 pm

Superb, Jabes... very good stuff.

If I may, here is an addon called RatingBuster that will give you a breakdown of what changes an item will make on equip. For example, it will tell you how it will affect your healing, dodge, etc. I think it is specialized for each class so like it won't tell a priest that something adds dodge, and it only tells druids about feral attack power.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/rating-buster.aspx
Back to top Go down
Boatlightz
Mindless Ramblings
Mindless Ramblings
Boatlightz

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Rules for Looting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Looting   Rules for Looting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:31 am

In case Curse.com doesn't have the older version of RatingBuster, I posted a small pack of addons in another thread, which does include RatingBuster.

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7AOXASK1
Back to top Go down
jabes
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
jabes

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Rules for Looting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Looting   Rules for Looting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 pm

oh sweet, that would be a perfect addon to have. Thanks boat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules for Looting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Looting   Rules for Looting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for Looting
Page 1 of 1